I love to cook and I’m a Food Network junkie, so over the past several years I’ve learned lots of little tips and tricks that save me time and stress while in the kitchen. These time-saving kitchen hacks will make your life just a little bit easier.
1. When you crack an egg and get some shell in it, wet your finger before trying to fish the shell out. This helps the shell stick to your finger.
2. The easiest way to shuck grilled corn is to cut off the bottom of the cob and peel the husks and silks back.
3. To make the perfect scrambled eggs, make sure your skillet isn’t too hot when you pour the eggs into it. You want the eggs to be able to cook slowly, and not immediately form a crust from too hot of a pan.
4. The trick to cutting a perfectly fresh tomato is to use a serrated knife.
5. When you are roasting or baking sweet potatoes, always make sure to line your baking pan with foil. The sugars in the sweet potato will make the baking surface very sticky and it’s much easier to throw out some foil than to scrub a baking sheet clean!
What are your favorite tips and tricks in the kitchen? What time-saving hacks do you utilize in your day-to-day life?