The start of a school year can be a difficult time for both parents and children. While there is plenty of excitement for the new season ahead of you, making the transition to a new classroom or a new schedule can be challenging. Here are a few keys to a successful school year for my fellow daycare parents.
By the way, I got several of these from one of my son’s teachers who has been a daycare teacher for years and really knows her stuff!
- Meet your kids’ teachers before the year starts
- Pack (and label!) everything your kiddo could need to put in his or her cubby
- In the mornings, drop and go (don’t linger)
- Work on different skills at home (no paci, using spoons/open cups) to prepare them for next year
- Have a backup plan ready for when teachers call to tell you kids are sick (cause that’s gonna happen)
I’m excited to be pairing up with several other lovely ladies for a $100 Amazon gift card giveaway! Enter using the Rafflecopter below and make sure to check out my fellow bloggers’ back-to-school tips.